Home » WELCOME, INCOMING FRESHMAN CHOIR MEMBERS!
Welcome to Wilson Central Choral Program!
Be sure to go to the main page and enter your email address under “subscribe”, check your email and confirm. You will be receiving all my posts after subscribing. Your parents are welcome to subscribe as well. Even though you will be receiving posts that don’t directly pertain to you, this will be a great way to feel connected to our awesome program!
When you have the time, send an email with your name in the subject line to email@example.com . This will help me be sure you are welcomed into our choir family by adding you to a choir roster. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Looking forward to meeting you!
It’s Easy To Make Sure Choir Is On Your Schedule Next Year!
Sign up for Vocal Music 1 and/or Vocal Music 2. It is that simple. Many students take both and sing all year. Mrs. Morin will make sure you are added to the appropriate choir class.
In order to sing all year, you need to sign up for Vocal Music 1 and Vocal Music 2.
VOCAL MUSIC COURSE INFORMATION:
Concert Choir (Vocal 1) No audition required. This is a great group! The perfect way to start your high school career. Concert Choir is open to any student interested in singing. Concert Choir provides an opportunity to explore a variety of music styles while learning the basics of proper singing, blend, diction and expression. Concert Choir performs two concerts. Join this fun group of students who love to sing!!
Women’s Chorale or Advanced Concert Choir (Vocal 2) Women’s Chorale or Advanced Concert Choir (either SSAA or SATB – depending on enrollment) continues to explore technique and perform a wide variety of challenging choral literature. Demands a high level of commitment. Performs two concerts plus Choral Festival and Wilson County All-Sing.
Chamber Choir (Vocal 3 & 4) Audition required. Chamber Choir sings a wide variety of challenging choral literature and demands a high level of commitment. Performs at music festivals along with invited regional and community events.
Brochure from 8th Grade Parent Night
WCHS CHOIRS 8th Grade Night BROCHURE
Benefits of singing in Choir!
- Studying music helps you succeed in other academic areas.
- Do you love music? Why not enjoy it every day by singing in choir?
- Singing with people who like to sing creates a feeling of community.
- The choir room becomes your second home – always welcome, always belong.
- Singing in a choir builds confidence.
- Do you enjoy singing with your friends? Choir builds lifelong friendships.
- Performing in a choir concert brings a great sense of accomplishment – shared with friends.
- Choir is not easy, but it is rewarding. Challenging music builds musicianship and opens the door to confidently participating in college and community choirs.
- Colleges like to see a well-rounded education including choir participation.
- Some college music programs offer ensemble participation scholarships to non-music majors.
- Choir offers the opportunity to travel and perform. Performance trips are fun and give students elite experiences working with well-known conductors and/or perform in major venues in the United States.
- Singing a cappella is challenging and fun! Create a small ensemble with your friends in choir.
- Choir builds many life skills: leadership, teamwork, collaboration, confidence, dedication, responsibility, rising to a challenge, setting goals, practice and preparation, focus, interpersonal skills, and expressing emotion through singing.
- Singing brings joy to your day!
- Post-High School – you will discover many people who have also participated in choir: bosses, co-workers, community members, neighbors and friends.