Download the ‘Charms Blue’ student app – it is awesome and so easy to use! Questions? Ask! All practice files will be on CHARMS.
PHONES: It is YOUR responsibility to follow the new phone policy. If you do not follow the policy, 5 participation points will be lost (10 total per day).
Throughout each week: warm-ups, solfege review, basic sight-singing, explore basic music theory and terminology within each performance piece.
MONDAY, OCT 1
- Review theory packet – questions? sight-singing. (Quiz on Thursday over packet).
- Ave Maria – Review work from Friday; continue to work through end.
- Carol of the Bells – Read through and work opening section.
TUESDAY, OCT 2
- Theory – Review and sight-singing
- Dreams of Thee – music scavenger hunt.
- Ave Maria – Sing through whole piece.
- Carol of the Bells – Review work from Monday and continue to work rest of piece.
WEDNESDAY, OCT 3
- Theory – Packet, music terminology and sight-singing. REVIEW for Quiz on Thursday.
- Ave Maria – sing through.
- Sectional work using part files – Dreams of Thee.
- Dreams of Thee – sing through, stopping for section work.
THURSDAY, OCT 4
- Quiz today – Covering theory packet reviewed in class and identifying solfege in a simple melody.
- Dreams of Thee – continue to work piece.
- Why We Sing – Listen and follow along with performance example.
FRIDAY, OCT 5
- Ave Maria – Sing through
- Carol of the Bells – Review work from Monday
- Rudolph/Frosty – sing through
- African Noel – Review opening section and work through parts in middle section.
Carol of the Bells