The 2017-2018 Chamber Choir has openings for all voice parts. Girls not interested in auditioning for Chamber, but want to keep singing – PLEASE sign up for Women’s Chorale!! 🙂
IF YOU WANT TO SING IN CHOIR NEXT YEAR, MAKE SURE YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR FIRST AND SECOND SEMESTER VOCAL MUSIC!! Don’t worry about the level at this time – just have it on your schedule.
I will hold auditions in early April and will place singers in appropriate choirs for the 2017-2018 school year. I am SO EXCITED to see what next year brings for Concert Choir, Chamber Choir and Women’s Chorale. Do your best to prepare.
Just do your best to prepare and ask questions if you need clarification.
- Scroll down for practice files.
- Choose a part to learn (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) then learn your part for both sections of the attached piece using the part file first, then transition to practicing with the “All Voices” file.
- You will sing your part with the “All Voices” file for the audition.
- If you need the practice files on a cd, please indicate on the sign-up sheet.
- The audition will also include establishing range (Soprano, Alto, Tenor or Bass), tonal memory and additional exercises that do not require preparation.
- Please read the choir performance agreement to better understand expectations. The agreement does NOT need to be signed at this time.
I am looking forward to hearing you sing.
AUDITION PRACTICE FILES
In your audition packet, the music has two sections clearly marked. Just play the file from the beginning, let it continue to play after section 1 and come back in at section 2
Right-Click link, save to your computer or click on link to play file.